Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sweet Swap


Maggie and I went to our very first Sweet Swap on Saturday! We searched and searched for delicious, festive yet easy cookies to bake. Well, we accomplished two out of three of those :-) I made Giada's Peppermint Chocolate Sandwich Cookies. While there weren't that many ingredients (definitely one thing I look for in any recipe) there were several steps. And it was quite difficult balancing baking the cookies and Maggie's schedule. The cookies turned out beautifully and were quite delicious. However, next year I will be making cookies a little less time consuming. Thankfully, Mimi and GrandPop were there to lend a helping hand if Maggie got fussy. Bobbi from Supper Club hosted the party and it was fun to see everyone's delicious creations. Of course the best part was tasting all of them! Maggie was able to see her friends Aubrey and Emery. Maggie and I will be hosting Supper Club in December and we're still looking for suggestions on the menu...

PS- I also found an easy recipe for Peppermint Bark, just visit http://www.foodnetwork.com/ and type in Peppermint Bark, Paula Deen.
Countdown to Disney: 2 days!!

No comments: