Monday, July 20, 2009

Four Generations go on a Road Trip...and Survive!


Back in June, Mimi and I accompanied Granny on a trip to Cincinnati. I have many wonderful memories in Cincinnati as we use to go there almost every Christmas growing up so I was excited to go back. Maggie, being the great traveler that she is, of course, did fantastic! On our way up to Ohio we stopped at Cove Lake in Tennessee...it's nice to know some things never change. We use to stop at Cove Lake almost every trip to Cincinnati.

We spent a lot of time with family and several of Granny's friends. It was so wonderful to see everyone and we just had to make a stop at some of our favorite restaurants including; Montgomery Inn and Skyline Chili. The food was even better than I remember...I'm anxious to get back to enjoy some ribs and phony conies!
On our way home we stopped in Winchester, Kentucky to visit with Granny's sister JoAnne and her daughter Leslie and her husband Dale. They purchased a beautiful home or should I say mansion? Their front door alone is 25 feet tall and the house has more rooms than you could count. And you have to use cell phones in order to find each other in the house. It's absolutely gorgeous and I can see why they fell in love with the house! They invited us to stop by anytime and spend the night so hopefully we can make it back up soon!



No comments: