Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Mommy's Night Out

Once a month a fun diverse group of young women get together to chat and eat dinner...it's my Supper Club! I was invited by my dear friend Kara to join the "club" after I moved back to Greenville in May and have really enjoyed it. These wonderful women threw me a surprise baby shower at the June Supper Club and I only had met all of them once before! I went solo last night while Mimi and GrandPop watched little Maggie (they did a swell job). While it was nice to get out of the house for a bit, I was anxious to get back home and see my little darlin'. Melissa hosted the dinner last night and made a delicious Mexican feast! She's a phenomenal cook as she made fresh guacamole, salsa and cheese dip and fixed delicious chicken and vegetables on the grill. When I got home Maggie's birth announcements had come in the mail that day so keep an eye out as you should be receiving one via mail very soon!

I will be hosting the November Supper Club so any dinner ideas are welcome!!

2 comments:

carolinagirl said...

I think I remember it now!

Hollie said...

Supper clubs are fun! If you're hosting supper club in November, you might consider making something other than turkey. One of my favorite dishes is pork and pears. You sautee the pears in oil and then add the pork. Remove and then add some chicken stock and starch to thicken the gravy. It's yummy! Serve with some greens and maybe add a seasonal touch with some chestnut stuffing or bread. Glad you're doing well! Would love to see you sometime and meet your daughter.