Thursday, October 23, 2008

Random Babblings

My goodness...I can't believe it has been so long since I last posted! Maggie and I have been quite busy lately with working in the church nursery and managing the eBay store. She's growing so fast I can hardly believe it. I pulled out a newborn diaper last week and it's hard to believe she ever fit in them. She's been such a blessing to me and I'm excited to watch her grow. However, the recent turn of events in the country make me wish she would stay this little forever so she would never know how cold or mean the world can be. My heart aches as I wonder what her future will be like. More than ever I'm trying to have faith and trust that God will take care of us, like He has done so many times before. Yesterday on my way to work I heard on the radio the verse that reminds us God's ways are not our ways, and then Tiffany, my boss, later that morning said the exact same verse.

I'm doing a Bible study on Wednesday evening with other young mothers that has truly been a blessing and I look forward to it every time we meet. I find that I am not alone in my fears for my child but I find comfort in talking with these other mothers and their assurance that God is watching over us. I hope someday to be so steadfast in my faith. We're studying the book of Ruth and it truly is an example of how God's ways are not our ways and that His plans are to further us not to harm us. Naomi begged Ruth to return to her home and not follow her but God has other plans as He moved Ruth to join Naomi. These two women were almost outcasts in society both without husbands and children. They would never the CNN ticker these days, they simply would have passed on without any noticed. But God provided for them and gave us their story to learn how to trust Him. God tells us not even to worry about the sparrows because He will take care of them. So I'm trying not to worry and have faith.

So there are my random babblings, read them or don't read them. But I do ask that you pray for our future as I so want my daughter to have the blessing and opportunities that we had growing up.

No comments: