Thursday, October 8, 2009

Mangia, Mangia!

In case you didn't know that means..."we eat" in Italian! As most of you know, I usually cook dinner during the week for Mimi and GrandPop. I have come to thoroughly enjoy cooking when not to long ago I would have rather warmed up a Lean Cuisine Meal. It doesn't hurt that Mimi and GrandPop have a spectacular kitchen and almost every utensil you could ever want for the kitchen. Also, since (as noted in a previous post) I can't really afford to help out with the bills having a dinnner ready for Mimi and GrandPop when they get home seems to be the least I can do.

Recently, Mimi has been wanting me to fix Shrimp and Grits, a typical Southern dish. So last Friday I gave it a shot and if I do say so myself it turned out pretty delicious! I used The Neely's recipe from The Food Network Channel. Here is a picture of how it turned out...
I did make one variation to the recipe, instead of 2 pounds of shrimp I only used one, which was more than enough for the three of us. We even had plenty of the shrimp mix leftover for a "take two" dinner. We simply added a jar of our favorite marinara sauce with the shrimp mix and fixed some fettucine noodles and made a fancy spaghetti night. Mangia everyone!

1 comment:

Sweet Italy said...

Why don't you try with italian food?